Dr. Donna Wise
Chair, Human Performance Department
DR. DONNA WISE
Born. July 24,1950
Married to George Wise, Campbellsville Apparel.
Children: Senator Max Wise, Instructor at University Of Kentucky Patterson School of Diplomacy. Daughter-in-law, DR Heather Wise, owner and pediatric dentist at Wise Dentistry For Kids.
Grandkids: Grayson (14), Jackson (13), Carter (10), McLean (6)
Current Occupation: Chairman of Campbellsville University Department of Human Performance
Past Occupation: Campbellsville University Basketball Coach (1975-2007)
- 661-283 Career Record.
- Only Adolph Rupp, Denny Crum and Ed Diddle have more collegiate wins in Kentucky.
- 306-206- 61% on road – 355-77 at home 83%.
ACADEMIC & CIVIC AWARDS
- 1994 Campbellsville Business & Professional Woman of the Year
- 1995 Campbellsville Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year
- 2000 Campbellsville Chamber of Commerce Educator of the Year
- 2007 Cambridge Who’s Who
- 2007 Partners in Development Honoree for African Assistance
- 2008 Campbellsville University Honorary Doctorate
CIVIC AND INTERNATIONAL WORK
ST. BALDRICK FOUNDATION 2008-2016 Organized local event for pediatric cancer research raising over $360,000 locally in Campbellsville in 9 years of “Shaving To Conquer”
Campbellsville “COLOR TO CONQUER” 2013-2016. Organized the local event promoting physical activity in community through participation in the Campbellsville “Color To Conquer” with money raised to benefit ST BALDRICKS.
INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL CLINICIAN
- Natal, Brazil Basketball Director/Clinician – Federaco Norte Riograndense De Basquete 2000 Sao Palo, Brazil 2000
- Basketball Clinician- Colegio Baptista De Basquete 2000
- Katombora Reformatory School Basketball Clinician for Zambian Department of Prison 2007
PARTNERS IN DEVELOPMENT
- Basketball Court Construction & village school instruction; Dedication 2007
- Water well construction 2007
CENTRAL KENTUCKY BASKETBALL TEAM CAMP
Team Camp Director 1989-2010. Once the second largest camp in Kentucky with over 100 teams competing each summer. Responsible for marketing, promoting, organizing, managing staff and facilities, coordinating community facility usage.
CHAIRMAN OF DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN PERFORMANCE 2004-CURRENT SPORT MANAGEMENT COURSES TAUGHT
- HP 201 History & Philosophy of Sport, Physical Education & Recreation
- HP 315 Principles of Sport Management
- HP 375 Current Issues and Trends in Sport, Physical Education and Health
- HP 430 Psychology of Sport
- HP 444 Sport Policy & Governance & Recreation
- HP 445 Sport Marketing
- HP 485 Internship (Coordinator)
- HPETE COURSES TAUGHT
- HP 251 Teaching Sport Skills I
- HP 252 Teaching Sport Skills II
- HP 321 School HPE P-5
- HP 322 Coaching Basketball
- HP 411 Teaching Health & PE P-12